FORT MARTIN SCOTT IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY THE CITY OF FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS
Fort Martin Scott © 2013 | All Rights Reserved
Articles About The Fort Martin Scott Treaty
Fort Martin Scott Treaty (Click Image to Enlarge)
The influx of new settlers, soldiers, and other whites traversing the range led to the brink of open warfare in 1850, when several tribes of Indians met near the San Saba River. Indian agent John Rollins, under escort by Capt. Hamilton W. Merrill and troopers of the Second Dragoons from Fort Martin Scott, along with a company of Texas Rangers led by Captain J. B. McGown, met with various tribes of local Indians. This meeting culminated in the Fort Martin Scott Treaty, which improved the situation enough to prevent open hostilities.